A Widget is a small signup form that can automatically collect Contact data from email or via a website such as Facebook or a company website. You can create an unlimited number of widgets, and each can add customers to different groups.
From the Tools main menu, click Widgets.
Create a Widget
Click + Create a New Widget.
Select a type from the Widget Type drop-down menu.
Note: Kerauno only recommends using Hosted Widgets.
- Enter a Name for the Widget.
- Choose the Widget's Icon, between two SMS icons or enter a Custom Image URL.
- Select Yes or No under the drop-down menu for Allow visitors to pick which groups they join? Kerauno recommends leaving this set to No.
- Choose the Group(s) new Contacts are added to after completing the online form. At least one Group must be selected.
- Check all applicable Fields to Display. By default Phone Number is required to communicate via Launch. We typically encourage requiring only First Name, Last Name, and Telephone Number.
- Populate the Signup Widget Header which is displayed at the top of the form.
- Populate the Successful Signup Header which is displayed after a successful signed up.
- Specify the Maximum Messages per month. This is a required field.
- Click Advance Widget Features to view additional custom settings.
- Click the checkbox for Enable Join Message? when applicable.
- Populate the Join Message to Send After a Visitor Joins Your List. This is the message Contacts receive after submitting their information via a Signup Widget.
- Click the checkbox for Enable Signup Notification if desired. This sends a notification to the specified email address populated in the next field for each new signup.
- Click REVIEW WIDGET to view the generated widget with the selected settings.
For your convenience, required Opt-Out language has already been added to the Widget.
- Click PREVIEW WIDGET to view the content before creating it.
- CREATE WIDGET when satisfied with the generated Widget.
- Share your Widget:
- Copy & paste the Widget Code provided to add the widget to any HTML supporting application (WordPress, self-hosted website, etc.).
- Copy & paste the shortened Widget URL to share via social media websites.
- Click Generate QR Code for Widget to generate a QR Code.
Paste the Widget code into your website HTML or share the Widget URL on your social media pages.
Once generated, Widgets cannot be edited; only deleted. Create a new Widget when content changes are needed.